Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Unfriendly concessions

I note that there is now a tall wrought-iron fence around the entire David F. Schulz Aquatic Center, with an imposing gate across what used to be my dog-walking path. The sight of this made me want to share an illicit cigarette-- passing it back and forth between the bars, plotting secret plots with a willing accomplice-- although I know that its real purpose is to keep people from drowning during off-hours. I do happily note two things: the design cleverly incorporates the existing Blatz Pavilion building, and also that there is a big Concessions sign, which means one important thing: ice cream is highly likely. Ice cream within an easy, enjoyable walk. Ideally, I will not have to pay an admission fee to get it.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Cigarettes and ice cream? That is a weird mixed metaphor.